Monday 16 November 2009

Cook Book Reviews...coming soon

On the infrequent occasion when I have the day off and have nothing planned, one of my indulgent treats ...is to deposit myself for a good hour or so in my favourite bookshop. The best ones have the cookery section downstairs, so only the truly committed will trouble themselves. No time wasters, no passers by waiting for their companions to make an appearance, no unwelcome space occupier to hover just in front of my coveted tome of resplendent recipes.

I usually pick up my take away coffee on the way in so I can take my time in the exceedingly difficult and ruthless decision of which one to take home with me.

Decision made...it's back home, most likely via the supermarket (or market if it's a Saturday) for those exciting new ingredients, and then the experimentation begins. And thus I'm overdue a fair few cook book reviews. To follow...

No comments: