Monday 28 December 2009

Christmas Nutrients....

I'm definitely a Christmas person - carols, tree decorating and gift wrapping galore! Loving my vegetables, I've even gone as far as making a brussel sprout wreath for my front door. Nutritionist I may be, but I'm only human and indulgence is still on the menu. If you can't at Christmas when can you? Indulging in brussel sprouts just doesn't cut it. Christmas on the whole has the potential to be significantly nutritious...nuts, winter fruits (satsumas & pomegranates) and winter vegetables (brussel sprouts, leeks and carrots). It's the quantity of it all that has the potential to overload our digestive system. That, and the quantity of alcohol, sugar and meats that we may be consuming amidst all the celebrations. Christmas cake and mince pies aside, I notice that there is little wheat around at Christmas time. For me it isn't so much the Christmas bloat as the Christmas toxification. I feel sluggish this morning... After all these acid forming foods, I'm not surprised. So it's time for an alkaline or neutral food overload, in order to reset the balance.

No comments: